The ACI has developed a series of resources to help support health professionals and consumers to access and use virtual care.
- Virtual care in practice
- Virtual care implementation checklist
- Virtual care: embedding safety in practice
- A guide to a successful virtual consultation
- Virtual care in open-plan offices
- Additional resources are available on the Virtual Care Central SharePoint site (login required)
- Preparing for a virtual appointment
- Attending your palliative care appointment
- Video: how to use the myVirtualCare videoconferencing platform
Resources to support virtual visiting
It is important for patients in hospital to stay connected to families and carers for their social and emotional wellbeing. The resources below have been developed to support virtual visiting where in-person visits may not be possible. Practical guides help explain how health staff, patients and their loved ones can use the different technologies to facilitate virtual visiting.
Supporting virtual visiting provides an overview of the Stay Connected program and how family members can be involved as virtual partners in the care of their loved ones.
Virtual visiting guides for health staff:
- Virtual visiting using myVirtualCare (using direct call)
- Virtual visiting using myVirtualCare room link
- Virtual visiting using Pexip
- Virtual visiting using a videoconferencing cart
- myVirtualCare user guide for patients and carers – direct calls