Respiratory Network Priorities 2014 -16
- To improve the capacity and quality of Pulmonary Rehabilitation programs in NSW.
- Implementation of the Cystic Fibrosis Model of Care.
- Implementation of the Pleural Drains in Adults – Consensus Guideline.
- Implementation Care of Adults in acute facilities with a Tracheostomy (in collaboration with Intensive Care Coordination and Monitoring Unit).
- Improve access to respiratory education and training opportunities for the NSW workforce.
- Engage and support Local Health Districts to investigate and address unwarranted clinical variation (COPD, Pneumonia).
- Develop a Model of Care for Technology Dependent Adults and Children (in collaboration with other ACI Networks and external partners).
- Revised Pleural Drains in Adults – Consensus Guidelines 2016 available online in searchable format.
- Insertion of Pleural Drain via Seldinger technique video - available online.
- Successful submission for inclusion of Pulmonary Rehabilitation in the IHPA non admitted Tier 2 definitions manual.
- Statewide Implementation of Care of Adults in acute facilities with a Tracheostomy.
- Cystic Fibrosis Model of Care Published November 2016.
- Publication of Aboriginal Respiratory Care consumer resources forCOPD, Pneumonia, Bronchiectasis, Asthma and Lung Cancer.
- Development and pilot of a Community Acquired Pneumonia and COPD Inpatient Audit tools.
- NSW Respiratory Forum to showcase research and respiratory service improvement in NSW held in Nov 2015.
- Statewide respiratory webex education sessions to support the respiratory worksforce across NSW.
- Collaboration with eHealth to develop respiratory content within the eMR state based build.
- Collaboration with Thoracic Society Australia and New Zealand to produce a Use of Acute Oxygen in Adults education video.
Respiratory Network Manager
Added: 13 February 2017
Type: PDF File (936.4 KB)
Added: 3 November 2016
Type: PDF File (1.5 MB)
Added: 20 October 2016
Added: 26 September 2016
Added: 16 August 2016