- To support implementation of the NSW Endoscopy Information System.
- To develop Hepatitis C models of care.
- To provide clear information to the community about ACI models of care.
- To support training opportunities for nurses working in gastroenterology and hepatology.
- To collaborate with the ACI Nutrition Network on projects relating to parenteral and enteral nutrition.
- Publication of the Parenteral Nutrition Pocketbook.
- Establishing the Paediatric Viral Hepatitis Working Group to support the statewide paediatric service and collaborate on relevant project.
- Development of a sedation training program for gastrointestinal endoscopy in collaboration with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists.
- Establishment of the Hepatitis Working Group to support the implementation of the 2008 Review of Treatment and Care Services and to assist in addressing the issues confronting NSW health services.
- Establishment of the NSW Endoscopy Information System which resulted from the Network’s statewide review of the capacity of endoscopy services to meet demand with the introduction of the National Bowel Cancer Screening Program.
- Advising NSW Health on clinical priority categories for colonoscopy.
- Collaborating with the University of Technology Sydney to develop a Graduate Certificate for Acute Care Nursing tailored to gastroenterology and hepatology.
- In 2008, the Gastroenterology Network supported a pilot (in collaboration with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians) to align the recruitment and matching of advanced training registrars in two rounds (continuing and first years) with Victoria and Tasmania. In 2009, gastroenterology became the first physician subspecialty to undertake a national match for advanced trainees. The national match system is now used each year.
Gastroenterology Network Manager
Added: 18 January 2017
Type: PDF File (1.8 MB)
Added: 8 July 2015
Added: 9 December 2014
Type: PDF File (86.3 KB) Plain Text
Added: 26 August 2014
Type: PDF File (3.6 MB)