Clinicians can contact their local telehealth lead about training opportunities.
Information about training will be posted on this page, including training sessions available for Pexip.
Scripts and templates
Email template: Telehealth clinic appointment
Dear [Insert Patient Name],
Thank you for agreeing to a Telehealth Virtual Clinic Appointment with your [speciality].
As discussed your appointment details have not changed and are as follows:
How to connect:
Step 1. Choose a device
- You can join the Telehealth appointment using a smart phone, tablet, desktop or laptop computer
- Make sure you have the camera and microphone turned on and more than 50% battery power on your chosen device
Step 2. Telehealth link
- IMPORTANT: If using a computer or laptop you will need to access the platform using Google Chrome. If it is not your default browser you will need to copy and paste the link into Google Chrome.
Step 3. On the day of your appointment
- Please make sure you have
- A strong internet connection
- A quiet space and privacy to have a conversation with your healthcare provider.
Step 4. At the time of your appointment
- Please log in using the link above 5-10 minutes before your appointment time and test your equipment again.
We always try to see our patients on time, at times there may be a short delay. Please remain on the call and if you have not been attended to within 10 minutes please call the service to check in.
A patient information guide is attached to this email to ensure your telehealth experience runs smoothly:
If you experience any difficulties connecting to the system please contact the [insert the clinic name and contact number telephone: XXXXXX]
Script: Clinician script to introduce patients to a telehealth appointment
My name is [Insert name] and I’m calling from [Insert Hospital/ Facility/ clinic name]
You have a hospital appointment to attend: The [Insert clinic name] on [Date]
We would like to offer you the opportunity to have a Telehealth Virtual Consultation with your [insert speciality] instead of coming in to the hospital clinic.
We are changing your appointment to a Telehealth Virtual Consultation with your doctor. This is instead of you coming in to the hospital clinic [insert reason if necessary, for example, in light of coronavirus].
What this means?
- Instead of coming into hospital your [insert speciality] will conduct the consultation with you using video conferencing software.
- You can have your consultation with your [insert speciality] from the comfort of your home or in a private and quiet space in your workplace or other suitable location.
How does this happen?
- You will need to have one of the following
- A desktop computer or laptop with Google Chrome
- An iPad or tablet or
- A Mobile Smart Phone
- Your device will need to have a camera and sound
- We will send you an email with step by step instructions explaining how to connect.
- On the day of your appointment you will need to click into the telehealth link 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- You will plan to open your appointment at the scheduled time and start the consultation with your [insert speciality]
- You should be able to see and hear each other clearly
- At the end of the consultation you will need to press the disconnect button on your device.
How does that sound to you?
If the patient agrees: Ask, “Can you please provide an email address and we will send a confirmation and link for your telehealth appointment?”
Telehealth Capability Interest Group
The Telehealth Capability Interest Group (TCIG) is a community of practice that aims to:
- share information about telehealth initiatives, including new technology and other advancements
- promote innovative telehealth models
- identify common issues at a state level and opportunity to network
- support clinicians to increase telehealth in their practice
- support the implementation of the NSW Agency for Clinical Innovation Telehealth in Practice guide.
See further information about the TCIG, including the topic of the next forum.
Clinical and training resources
- Telehealth leads (contact list)
If you have any feedback or wish to be involved, please contact the Telehealth team.