Spinal Seating Modules
Introduction to the spinal seating professional development program education modules
Welcome to the Spinal Seating Professional Development Program’s online education Modules. This series has been developed in conjunction with the Agency for Clinical Innovation in NSW, Australia. This initial module gives an overview of the spinal seating modules, describing how to approach them and how they link together to provide a comprehensive introduction to spinal seating.
Spinal seating is complex and solutions are typically specific to each individual client. Many therapists will only interact with a few spinal clients and not have experience with the specific considerations relating to spinal seating. These modules are intended to provide general clinical and technical information relating to spinal seating as an introductory foundation for working in spinal seating.
At the end of this module, you will:
- Appreciate the purpose of these modules
- Understand how the modules fit together to provide a foundation for understanding spinal seating,
- Know how to approach the modules in this series, and
- Be aware of where to seek further information or assistance.
In this module
- Spinal seating: Overview
- Spinal seating modules ‘roadmap’
- How to use these modules
- The anatomy of a module
- Resource icons used in these modules
- Further information and support
- Key concepts in this module
- Case study: David