The Perioperative Toolkit webpage
The Perioperative Toolkit was first developed in 2007 as the Pre Procedure Preparation Toolkit by a working party commissioned by the Surgical Services Taskforce. The Perioperative Toolkit was prepared and has been reviewed by frontline clinicians and staff experienced in perioperative care, including anaesthetists, surgeons, nurses, allied health, consumers, managers and primary care. The guideline offers a service framework for public hospitals across metropolitan, regional and rural NSW. Links to a range of resources are provided below.
SELF ASSESSMENT TOOL
A self assessment tool was developed to assist services in assessing current processes and practice against the elements outlined in the Perioperative Toolkit. The results from completing this tool can then be used to inform a local action plan.
How to use this Tool
The excel spreadsheet has three tabs:
- CEC - Patient Blood Management
- National Blood Authority
- Patient Blood Management Guidelines: Module 2 Perioperative
These tools are examples only and can be adapted by hospitals/LHDs to meet their local needs.
- Appendix 1: Patient Health Questionnaire – Adult
- Appendix 2: Patient Health Questionnaire – Paediatric
- Appendix 3: Transfer of Care from Hospital Planning Questionnaire
- Appendix 4: Conditions Considerations for Assessing a Patient’s Perioperative Risk
- Appendix 5: Additional Information to be Obtained from the Primary Health Care Provider
- Appendix 6: Pre Admission Medical Assessment Form
- Appendix 7: Perioperative Patient Information Booklet
- Appendix 8: Patient Information Checklist
- Appendix 9: Standardised Perioperative Pathway
- Appendix 10: Preoperative haemoglobin assessment and optimisation template
- Appendix 11: PBM Guidelines Massive Transfusion Protocol Template