The Maternity and Neonatal Clinical Network provides expert clinical advice and leadership to NSW Health on maternity and neonatal care, services and improvement.
The network includes clinicians, consumers and healthcare leaders in both public and private sectors.
The work of the network is led by the network executive committee and supported by co-chairs from a medical consumer and nursing background.
Dr Ahmed Khan
Ms Helen McCarthy
Dr Danny Challis
Senior Clinical Advisor (Obstetrics)
Dr Robert Guaran
Senior Clinical Advisor (Neonatal)
The Maternity and Neonatal Network is focused on:
- improving the quality and experience of maternity and neonatal care for families
- improving the experience for healthcare workers delivering maternity and neonatal care
- sharing knowledge and using innovation to solve complex problems
- reducing unnecessary variation in perinatal and newborn care
- fostering leadership, shared learning and clinical engagement across the sector.
Consumer and carer involvement
Consumer involvement and input is an important part of the Maternity and Neonatal Network. As a network member, your knowledge, experience and perspective will be vital to our work improving the system.
We welcome clinicians and health consumers to join the network to share your knowledge, experience and perspective.
Our network fosters a collaborative culture and values equity of voice for all members.