Graduate Certificate (Clinical Redesign)
The Centre for Healthcare Redesign provides a state-wide graduate certificate program for health professionals to improve clinical processes and deliver better patient journeys.
Using proven Redesign methodology this course teaches frontline staff how to identify the root causes of issues impacting patient journeys and then develop and implement sustainable change processes to improve the way health care is delivered.
Participants of the CHR Graduate Certificate program have the opportunity to gain an accredited qualification: Graduate Certificate in Clinical Redesign.
- Create increased capability within the Health System to undertake redesign and service improvement activities
- Promote a systems view of service delivery and models of care with the patient at the centre
- Create a learning culture to support program activities, professional development and networking opportunities
Quotes from past CHR graduate certificate program participants:
- “I have learnt a large amount of skills in project management, the art of negotiation as well as computer skills, PowerPoint presentations and presentations skills”
- “I can use the skills gained from the course in my everyday work as one of my functions is to analyse services/processes and improve them”
- “the methodology is excellent and allows a structured format to work with”
- 14 face-to-face/virtual workshop days
- e-Learning modules
- A workplace project requiring practical application of Redesign methodology and consolidating the theoretical component of the program
- Direct coaching and mentoring of participants by both their local Redesign and Innovation Leaders and the CHR Team
- A graduation ceremony for participants and sponsors to recognise the learning and achievements in patient care innovation
The Redesign Methodology integrates various tools and techniques to develop robust improvement projects. It focuses on developing solutions addressing the right root causes and provides participants with implementation skills to achieve sustained outcomes.
Who should apply
The program provides an excellent professional development opportunity for clinical and non-clinical staff leading priority projects in patient care improvement or innovation.
Previous participants have included:
- Senior Clinicians – from medical, nursing and allied health teams,
- Senior Managers of facilities, or clinical teams and
- Business administration staff.
How do I apply
All applications for the Graduate Certificate program need approval through local line managers with the identification of a project sponsor.
Applications must be received from Local Health Districts and Specialty Health Networks by the nominated closing date.
|Program||Application open|| Applications|
|Notification date|| Program|
|2022.01||22 Nov 2021||25 Feb 2022||11 Mar 2022||3 May 2022|
|2022.02||21 Mar 2022||13 May 2022||3 Jun 2022||19 July 2022|
Most Local Health Districts and Specialty Health Networks have a locally coordinated process for managing applications. Your local Redesign and Innovation Leader will be able to assist you with that process.
Places for the Graduate Certificate program are limited and applications are assessed based on the criteria outlined in the application guide.
In 2013 ACI commissioned an external evaluation of the CHR Graduate Certificate program. Download the full evaluation report.
Further program information
For further enquires please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org