Children's Healthcare Network
The Children's Healthcare Network (CHN) supports paediatric clinicians to provide high-quality healthcare across NSW. The vision and goal of the CHN is that all children, regardless of where they live, will have access to high-quality healthcare, as close to home as possible.
The CHN is divided into three regions - Northern, Western and Southern. Each region has a convenor and a coordinator. They are supported by:
- the CHN Paediatric Clinical Nurse Consultants, who are employed by local health districts. The CHN Paediatric Clinical Nurse Consultants provide clinical expertise, support and education to health professionals employed within their districts.
- an allied health educator who provides educational support for NSW Health allied health professionals (including physiotherapists, occupational therapists and speech therapists) employed within their districts
- a medical lead who provides medical expertise and leadership for the region.
Convenor: Chief Executive, Hunter New England Local Health District and delegated to Executive Director, Children, Young People and Families Services, Hunter New England Local Health District (HNEkidshealth)
The Northern region works in partnership with:
- John Hunter Children's Hospital
- Hunter New England Local Health District
- Mid North Coast Local Health District
- Northern NSW Local Health District
The Southern region works in partnership with:
- Sydney Children's Hospitals Network (Randwick)
- South Eastern Sydney Local Health District
- Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District
- Sydney Local Health District
- Southern NSW Local Health District
- Murrumbidgee Local Health District
- Northern Sydney Local Health District
- ACT Health
The Western region works in partnership with: