- Maintains the centralised quality management service for the 12 blood and marrow programs and adapts to changes in national and international standards and work practices.
- To improve post-transplant care and quality of life of BMT survivors. Assist in developing transition pathways.
- To co-design education and communication resources regarding long term follow up with consumers (patients and carers), clinicians and non-government organisations.
- To support the continued education and professional development of the BMT clinicians, scientists and allied health professionals through webinars, forums, working groups and publications
- To promote the cleanliness of transplants wards via the BMT Environmental Cleaning Project in partnership with the Clinical Excellence Commission (CEC) Healthcare Associated Infections (HAI) team.
The NSW BMT Network has made significant achievements in the areas of clinician support, education, research and policy setting. Among the achievements include:
- 10 years of BMT specific quality management services to NSW BMT Programs
- Post-BMT Sydney Survey – 12 year review of quality of life and complications of BMT survivors with a view of improving health services. This survey has led to multiple publications and the development of BMT Long Term Follow Up Clinical Guidelines
- Post BMT Vaccination Guidelines to assist health care professionals caring for post BMT transplant survivors
- In collaboration with the Australasian Bone Marrow Transplant Recipient Registry develop and pilot the Long Term Follow-up online database module.
- Patient information books published on allogeneic and autologous transplants, as well as a paediatric specific guide for family members and carers
- Patient Experience Tracker’s collection of over 600 patient’s in hospital experience over 15 BMT apheresis collection centres and wards
- Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (AML) Model of Care
- State-wide BMT Environmental Cleaning Project where audit rounds have demonstrated a continued improvement from the initial 2013 audit to the fifth round in 2017
Blood and Marrow Transplant Network and Quality Manager
Added: 5 September 2018
Added: 4 September 2018
Added: 17 August 2018
Added: 24 July 2018
Added: 23 July 2018
Type: PDF File (2.6 MB)