- Maintain the centralised quality management service for the NSW blood and marrow transplant and cellular therapies programs and adapt to changes in national and international standards and work practices.
- To support the continued education and professional development of the BMT+CT clinicians, scientists and allied health professionals through webinars, forums, working groups and publications
- To co-design education, communication resources, data collection and transition pathways for post BMT long term follow up with patients and carers, clinicians and non-government organisations
- To support the central implementation of cellular therapy treatments including the development of central policies and procedures, outcome data review and onboarding of translational sites to provide commercial CAR-T cellular products
- To implement an ISBT 128 labelling system across the BMT+CT Network
The BMT+CT Network has made significant achievements in the areas of clinician support, education, research and policy setting. Among the achievements include:
- Twelve years of BMT specific quality management services supporting National Association of Testing Authorities / Royal College of Pathologists Australasia (NATA/ RCPA) accreditation and Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapies / Joint Accreditation Committee ISCT-Europe & EBMT (FACT-JACIE) accreditation for the paediatric programs.
- Post-BMT Sydney Survey – 12 year review of quality of life and complications of BMT survivors with a view of improving health services. This survey has led to multiple publications and the development of BMT Long Term Follow Up Clinical Guidelines
- Patient information books published on allogeneic and autologous transplants, as well as a paediatric specific guide for family members and carers
- Collection of over 600 patients in hospital experiences over 15 BMT apheresis collection centres and wards using a Patient Experience Tracker
- Development of Post-Transplant vaccination guidelines including adult and paediatric vaccination cards.
- State-wide BMT Environmental Cleaning Project - ACI has supported six rounds of external cleaning audits, two cleaning/clinical governance workshops and collaboration with the Clinical Excellence Commission in the development of the NSW Cleaning of the Healthcare Environment Policy Directive and auditing tool.
Acting BMT+CT Network and Quality Manager
Added: 29 November 2021
Added: 18 June 2021
Type: PDF File (315.1 KB)
Added: 21 May 2021
Added: 13 May 2021
BMT Masterclass 2020/12 - BMT Cell Processing Labs and COVID-19: Challenges & Quality of Cryopreserved HPC Products
Added: 24 December 2020