- Maintains the centralised quality management service and adapts to changes in national and international standards and work practices.
- To develop a model of care and standard guidelines for the management of long term follow-up care for allogeneic BMT patients to ensure optimal post-transplant care for all patients especially those in rural NSW . Follow-up for these adult and paediatric patients is life-long.
- To develop and implement a seamless transition service for paediatric BMT patients into the adult BMT service.
- To support an annual statewide audit of environmental cleaning standards.
- To support the continued education and professional development of the BMT nursing and apheresis staff and other health professionals.
The NSW BMT Network has made significant achievements in the areas of clinician support, education, research and policy setting. Among the achievements include:
- Establishment of a centralised state-wide Quality System for BMT laboratories, apheresis and clinical units. This includes:
- A comprehensive audit program
- Non-conformance management and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Multi-centre validation of practices
- Deployment of common documentation across all transplant units
- Annual symposium for senior medical, nursing, allied health, and scientific staff
- Specialist education forums
- Monthly education webinar sessions
- State-wide BMT-specific publications
- Patient information books published on allogeneic and autologous transplants, as well as a paediatric specific patient handbook
- A Model of Care for Acute Myeloid Leukaemia
- Long Term Follow Up Clinical Guidelines for Implementation
- State-wide Environmental Cleaning improvement project
- BMT Patient Experience Tracker
- Multi-centre research strategies
A/Network and Quality Manager
BMT Master Class - 2017/12 - ‘Applicable regulations and reporting responsibility for adverse events’
Added: 19 January 2018
BMT Master Class - 2017/11 - 'Administration of Growth Factors for HPC Mobilisation and For Post-Transplant Hematopoeitic Cell Reconstitution' by Wollongong Hospital
Added: 12 December 2017
BMT Master Class - 2017/06 - 'Administration of ABO incompatible cellular therapy products/Administration of preparative regimens/HPC product infusion and patient management' by Westmead Hospital
Added: 21 November 2017
Type: PDF File (1.1 MB)
Added: 10 November 2017
Type: PDF File (1.2 MB)
Added: 10 November 2017
Type: PDF File (684.3 KB)