- Maintain the centralised quality management service for the NSW blood and marrow transplant and cellular therapies programs and adapt to changes in national and international standards and work practices.
- To support the continued education and professional development of the BMT and CT clinicians, scientists and allied health professionals through webinars, forums, working groups and publications
- To co-design education, communication resources, data collection and transition pathways for post BMT long term follow up with patients and carers, clinicians and non-government organisations
- To support the central implementation of cellular therapy treatments including the development of central policies and procedures, outcome data review and onboarding of translational sites to provide commercial CAR-T cellular products
- To implement an ISBT 128 labelling system across the BMT/CT network
The NSWBMT Network has made significant achievements in the areas of clinician support, education, research and policy setting. Among the achievements include:
- Twelve years of BMT specific quality management services supporting National Association of Testing Authorities / Royal College of Pathologists Australasia (NATA/ RCPA) accreditation and Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapies/ Joint Accreditation Committee ISCT-Europe & EBMT (FACT-JACIE) accreditation for the paediatric programs.
- Post-BMT Sydney Survey – 12 year review of quality of life and complications of BMT survivors with a view of improving health services. This survey has led to multiple publications and the development of BMT Long Term Follow Up Clinical Guidelines
- Patient information books published on allogeneic and autologous transplants, as well as a paediatric specific guide for family members and carers
- Collection of over 600 patient’s in hospital experiences over 15 BMT apheresis collection centres and wards using a Patient Experience Tracker
- Development of Post-Transplant vaccination guidelines including adult and paediatric vaccination cards.
- State-wide BMT Environmental Cleaning Project - ACI has supported six rounds of external cleaning audits, two cleaning/clinical governance workshops and collaboration with the Clinical Excellence Commission in the development of the NSW Cleaning of the Healthcare Environment Policy Directive and auditing tool.
Blood and Marrow Transplant Network and Quality Manager
BMT Masterclass 2020/12 - BMT Cell Processing Labs and COVID-19: Challenges & Quality of Cryopreserved HPC Products
Added: 24 December 2020
Added: 30 November 2020
Added: 13 November 2020
Added: 13 November 2020
Added: 15 October 2020