The field of clinical genetics and genomics has grown significantly over the last two decades, both as a clinical specialty and in patient demand.
The Clinical Genetics Network brings together clinicians in the field to share insights, drive innovation, produce resources and models of care, and provide leadership and guidance.
The work of the network is led by the Executive Committee and supported by our co-chairs.
Ms Bronwyn Burgess
Head of Department
Dr Lisa Worgan
Head of Department Clinical Genetics
Royal Prince Alfred Hospital
The Executive Committee includes representation from:
- local health districts
- specialty health networks
- Sydney Children’s Hospital Network
- NSW Health Pathology
- Ministry of Health
- eHealth NSW
- Centre for Genetics Education
- tertiary research institutions
- national charity groups such as Genetic Alliance Australia
- national special interest groups such as The Human Genetics Society of Australasia and the Australasian Society of Genetic Counsellors.
Members have expertise in:
- paediatric and adult genetics
- hereditary cancers
- cardiac genetics
- metabolic disorder
- maternal fetal medicine
- reproductive genetics
- rare genetic conditions and diseases
- pathology and laboratory services
- research and education.