Pain Management Network
1. How do we feel pain?
2. What is acute pain and chronic pain?
3. How can I manage chronic pain?
4. Who can help me manage chronic pain?
5. How can I take responsibility for my pain?
1. Why is nutrition important when you have pain?
2. What are the benefits of physical activity?
3. What are my current levels of physical activity?
4. How can I make my goals SMART?
5. What is an upgrade plan? What is a flare-up plan?
6. What are some top tips for keeping on track?
1. How is stress and anxiety a personal experience?
2. How can feelings affect your pain?
3. How are feelings, thoughts, and actions connected?
1. Who am I?
2. Are you avoiding certain activities?
3. What are unhelpful thoughts? How can they be managed?
4. How can distraction be used to manage pain?
5. Relaxation techniques and mindfulness
6. Using techniques in everyday life
1. School can be challenging
2. Why do I need to go to school when I'm in pain?
3. What will I do when I get pain at school?
4. How will I be able to concentrate at school?
5. How do I keep up with my school work?
6. How will I get around the school?
7. Explaining my pain to teachers and friends? How will I stay connected?
1. You're not alone in coping with pain
2. What are the strengths of my family?
3. What are some challenges that a family can experience?
4. How can I communicate with my family about my pain?
5. Tips for siblings and Families
1. How can you plan for challenging situations?
2. Why is it important to have support? Where can support be found?
Hunter Pain Specialists 91 Chatham Street BROADMEADOW NSW 2292 Ph: (02) 4985 1800 F: (02) 4940 0322https://hunterpainspecialists.com.au