- To oversee a statewide approach to diabetes management across the continuum of care, including Leading Better Value Care diabetes initiatives.
- To support implementation of the Diabetes and Endocrine Network Standards for High Risk Foot Services (2014), including teleheath.
- To support implementation of best practice insulin prescription, administration and blood glucose level monitoring using the NSW Adult Subcutaneous Insulin Chart and/or eMeds with glucose management view in NSW hospitals.
- To develop a suite of resources to improve the knowledge and confidence of the workforce (including junior medical officers and nursing staff) providing care for people with diabetes in hospital.
- To provide advice to the NSW Ministry of Health on best practice care components for people living in the community with type 2 diabetes, as part of Leading Better Value Care.
- To develop a resource outlining priority areas for inpatient diabetes management.
- To support local health districts (LHDs) with continuous improvement in inpatient diabetes management, including local audit cycles, quality improvement activities and implementation.
- Completion of over 30 clinical partnership audits with LHDs for inpatient management of diabetes across NSW, including feedback and support for to implement quality improvement projects.
- Development of a readiness assessment tool for LHDs to assess readiness to deliver high risk foot services.
- Review and update of the NSW Adult Subcutaneous Insulin Prescribing Chart for use in NSW public hospitals.
- A capability program to support junior medical officers and nursing staff to care for people with diabetes in hospital, including:
- three eLearning modules
- Qstream solution
- ‘Thinksulin’ clinical decision support app.
- The Diabetes Forum was held on June 15, 2018 and was attended by approx.130 clinicians, managers and consumers from across NSW. The aim of the forum was to provide an opportunity to share knowledge, experiences, and innovation in diabetes management across NSW; and contribute to local improvement projects.
Diabetes and Endocrine Network Manager
Published: 10 November 2021
Published: 8 October 2021
Added: 8 October 2021
Type: PDF File (1.5 MB)
Published: 20 July 2021
Added: 19 July 2021
Type: PDF File (188.4 KB)