Useful contacts

Search this resource

Funding sources to obtain supplies

People may be eligible for financial support for continence supplies through various schemes or programmes in NSW. Details are below with contact details for further information including eligibility information.

iCare NSW
1300 738 586
For participants of Lifetime Care and Support Scheme or Work Cover. All continence supplies deemed reasonable and necessary will be provided under this scheme for eligible participants.
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
1800 800 110
For those who are under 65 years, or who have accessed the scheme before they turned 65, are Australian citizens and have a permanent disability. Participants of this scheme will have money allocated towards continence consumables, and have the choice and flexibility for purchasing these.
My Aged Care (MAC)
1800 200 422
For those over 65 years, and on a Home Care Package. Costs of continence products may be provided by the service provider, within the limits of the level of home care package.
Continence Aids Payment Scheme (CAPS)
1800 330 066
For people of any age, that are NOT covered by any of the above schemes, but have permanent and severe incontinence. This payment is administered by Medicare, and is a direct payment, providing consumers with flexibility and choice for purchasing continence products. Contact the National Continence Helpline for details
Enable NSW
1800 362 253
Provides assistance for consumers not covered by icare, NDIS or MAC, have used all of their CAPS assistance payment, but require additional continence supplies. Eligibility criteria applies, including means test to determine co-contribution.
Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) Some oral and rectal medications are available on restricted access via the PBS for people with paraplegia or tetraplegia. Limited oral and rectal medications to assist with the management of a bowel program are also available free of charge under the Forward Ability Support Program, provided the individual is a member of this association and has neurological loss resulting in paraplegia or quadriplegia. The individual must also be eligible for Medicare.

Contacts for advice

Back to top