The Audit and Risk Management Committee operates in accordance with its approved Charter, NSW Health policy and NSW Treasury policy.
The objective of the committee is to provide independent advice to the ACI's Board and management by overseeing and monitoring its governance, risk and control framework, and its external accountability requirements.
The responsibilities of the committee include:
- reviewing and endorsing the draft annual Financial Statements
- reviewing the currency and appropriateness of the ACI's enterprise risk management process
- reviewing whether a sound and effective approach has been followed to develop risk management plans for major projects and undertakings
- reviewing internal and external audit findings which identify possible risk and control weaknesses and monitoring management actions until completed
- providing relevant advice to the Chief Executive and the ACI Board
- working closely with internal and external auditors.
Chair - Ian Gillespie