Agency for Clinical Innovation Strategy 2023–2026
Clinical innovation for better, fairer, sustainable healthcare.
We bring clinicians, consumers and system leaders together to design and implement innovations in healthcare.
We support innovations that are:
Our priority challenges
We will contribute to addressing priority challenges that support better, fairer, sustainable healthcare and align to the Future Health Strategy:
- Integrating care for patients at the interface of hospital, primary, community and social care services
- Reducing unwarranted clinical variation and promoting high-value care
- Redesigning healthcare to facilitate the adoption of new health technologies, including new therapies and clinical processes
- Implementing virtual care and digitally-enabled models of care
- Supporting equity in access and outcomes of care
- Delivering person-centred and culturally appropriate care
- Fostering sustainability in healthcare.
Our strategic areas to push the boundaries of clinical innovation
1. Taking a portfolio approach to clinical innovation
partnering with agility
triangulating sources of evidence
a toolbox of transformation methods
Our people are vital to achieve this strategy.
We have expertise across clinical and consumer engagement, evidence and intelligence, system change and transformation, and communication that drives innovation creation.
We will harness the diversity of expertise that makes innovation work and take care of our staff, focusing on wellness, capability development, and diversity and inclusion.
As one of the five pillars in the health system, we work closely with organisations across NSW Health and beyond.
We collaborate widely to ensure the continuous delivery of quality healthcare to the people of NSW.