Rehabilitation education webinars
In November 2022, the Rehabilitation Network relaunched its education webinar series which has been on hold during the COVID-19 pandemic. Webinars are now scheduled every 3-6 weeks, with three webinars held so far, covering:
- Occupational therapy for long COVID-19: virtual support to return to usual activities via adoption of pacing strategies
- The role of the carer in rehabilitation: highlighting the importance of family and the local context in achieving rehabilitation goals
- The importance of cognitive screening: tools available for rehabilitation staff.
Webinar recordings and slides are available to network members after each event, via our new SharePoint site. Webinar topics for 2023 include fatigue after stroke and functional neurological disorder.
New faces, farewells and available positions
The Rehabilitation Network Executive Committee has recently welcomed new members:
- Simon Dwyer, Physiotherapist, Central Coast Local Health District
- Peter Hogg, Social Worker, Western Sydney Local Health District
- Dr Stephanie Lam, Rehabilitation and Intellectual Disability Physician, Western NSW Local Health District and St Vincent’s Hospital Network
- Olivia Martin, Speech Pathologist and Virtual Care Program Manager, Sydney Local Health District
The Executive Committee farewells Rachael Morris and Bronwyn Nola, who served on the committee for four and six years, respectively. We would like to thank Rachel and Bronwyn for your valuable input and expertise.
The Executive Committee is currently recruiting for the following positions:
- Medical Co-Chair
- Occupational Therapist
- Rehabilitation Nurse
Contact ACI-Rehab@health.nsw.gov.au for more information.