The Cardiac Network is developing four electrocardiogram (ECG) modules to support the recording and interpretation of ECGs. A working group was established, involving subject matter experts, experienced educators and trainers, to ensure the resources align with adult educational principles and staff needs.
Two of the modules are now available on My Health Learning for NSW Health staff, while work is progressing on the third and fourth module:
- Module 1 Electrocardiogram (ECG) fundamentals (course code 339664570)
- Module 2 Basic understanding of the electrocardiogram (ECG) and rhythm interpretation (course code 359181145)
The ECG educational modules:
- offer on-demand, synchronised learning
- facilitate a universal approach and minimum standard of care across NSW Health
- help clinicians enhance their skills.
The modules are for staff working across services such as:
- emergency departments
- intensive care units
- coronary care units
- high acuity areas (including theatres and recovery)
- close observation units
- cardiac and medical wards
- stroke units
- areas where ECG interpretation is required as a core skill.
Our sincere thanks to the working party who have dedicated their time and expertise to develop these resources during a very challenging year.
Learn more and contact the Cardiac Network.