- The Mental Health Network has been building the team to better support the mental health needs across the NSW health system.
- Christina Lowry, Project Officer, started in January 2021 to support the Zero Suicides in Care project. This is one of 15 initiatives in the Premier’s Priority Towards Zero Suicides Program. She is looking forward to working closely with local health districts to develop their specific suicide care pathway. ACI will support local health districts to develop their suicide care pathways using a co-design approach to ensure they reflect both clinician and consumer requirements and needs when accessing care within the local health district for suicidal ideation.
- Louis Talay joined the Mental Health Network in April 2021 as a project officer. Louis is passionate about mental health and social equity. He will be working on the COVID-19 Virtual Mental Health Implementation Check project. This short-term project will support the Mental Health Branch at the Ministry of Health to obtain in-depth information about the clinical activities and outcomes of the COVID-19 Virtual Mental Health statewide initiative. This will include identifying gaps and opportunities through the implementation of the initiative.
- Angela Wicks joined the Mental Health Network as a project officer in April 2021. She is passionate about equity, mental health and person-centred care and is looking forward to working on the COVID-19 Virtual Mental Health Implementation Check project with Louis.
- The Mental Health Network successfully partnered with Melbourne University on the National Health and Medical Research Council special initiative for Mental Health 2020: ALIVE, a national research translation centre aiming to deliver mental health at scale in the primary care setting. This program focuses on partnering with people who have lived experience to change the way mental health care is designed and delivered.
Find out more and contact the Mental Health Network.