Building collaborative cultures of care
Collaborative cultures are trauma-informed, person-centred and recovery-oriented, and are focused on maximising self-determination for people with lived experience of mental health issues.
This toolkit supports the implementation of strategies, ideas and tools to strengthen collaborative practices and processes in mental health services. This involves:
- identifying local opportunities for improvement
- planning and implementing changes to local practices and approaches
- increasing the active collaboration of people with lived experience in the evaluation, design and delivery of services
- working with people with lived experience to identify measurable improvements in culture and collaboration, and
- co-design strategies for further improvement.