- A multidisciplinary team of health professionals including community nursing through local Community Health Services or an appropriate private provider.
- A Wound, Rehabilitation or SCI Clinical Nurse Consultant or Specialist in local health district.
And consider referral to
- SCI-specific services found on the ACI SCI Referral Directory
For Red Flags or wounds requiring urgent surgical assessment or debridement, refer to Emergency Department and consider referral to tertiary SCI services (see below).
In NSW, tertiary SCI Pressure Injury Services include:
- Royal North Shore Hospital
- Prince of Wales Spinal Pressure Care Clinic
Refer to the tertiary SCI service if:
- The PI is not responding to treatment, multiple PIs develop, complications of bed rest or complex comorbidities exist.
- Immediately refer stage 3 or 4, deep tissue, and unstageable pressure injuries
For a referral pathway (including tertiary referral and referral to SCI specific services):