Pneumonia Further Resources and References
- Buising KL, Thursky KA, Black JF, MacGregor L, Street AC, Kennedy MP, et al. Identifying severe community-acquired pneumonia in the emergency department: a simple clinical prediction tool. Emerg Med Australas. 2007;19(5):418-26.
Charles PG, Wolfe R, Whitby M, Fine MJ, Fuller AJ, Stirling R, et al. SMART-COP: a tool for predicting the need for intensive respiratory or vasopressor support in community-acquired pneumonia. Clin Infect Dis 2008;47(3):375-84.
Fine MJ, Auble TE, Yealy DM, Hanusa BH, Weissfeld LA, Singer DE, et al. A prediction rule to identify low-risk patients with community-acquired pneumonia. N Engl J Med. 1997;336(4):243-50.
Lim WS, van der Eerden MM, Laing, Boersma WG, Karalus N, Town GI et al. Defining community acquired pneumonia severity on presentation to hospital: an international derivation and validation study. Thorax. 2003 May;58(5):377-382.
Respiratory infectious disease burden in Australia (ed 1). The Australian Lung Foundation; 2007 Mar.
B Long et Al: Emergency Medicine Evaluation of Community-Acquired Pneumonia: History, Examination, Imaging and Laboratory Assessment, and Risk Scores: J Emerg Med: 2017 Nov;53(5):642-652. doi: 10.1016/j.jemermed.2017.05.035.
- About the ECI
- Abdominal emergencies
- Advanced life support
- Aged Care
- Airway management
- Bites and stings
- Blood and blood products
- Critical Care
- Dental Emergencies
- Deteriorating Patients
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- End of Life Care in the Emergency Department
- Environmental Health
- Forensic and coronial
- Head injuries
- Imaging: Radiology, MRI & Nuclear Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- Intellectual Disability
- Mental health
- Managing non-fatal strangulation in the emergency department
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Orthopaedic / Musculoskeletal
- Pain management
- Procedural Sedation in the Emergency Department
- Public health alerts and patient safety watch
- Transfer, discharge and handover
- Triage and admission
- Ultrasound in the ED
- Vascular Emergencies
- Violence, Abuse and Neglect
- Wound Care
- Emergency Department Fact Sheets
- Nurse Delegated Emergency Care
- Learning Hub
- External Clinical Resources
- Clinical Tools
- ED Management Hub
- Research and Innovation
- A-Z Directory