Procedural Sedation - Further References and Resources
Many thanks to the following for providing their local policies:
- Dr M Pallas, Emergency Staff Specialist, Gosford Hospital
- Dr James Cameron, Emergency Staff Specialist, John Hunter Hosptial
- Dr T Green, ED Director, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital
- Dr J Ellis, ED Director, Queanbeyan Hospital
- The Liverpool Emergency Department
- The Queanbeyan Emergency Department
Paediatric Procedural Sedation Guideline
Procedural Sedation Guideline - Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne
- ANZCA PS09 - Guidelines on Sedation and/or Analgesia for Diagnostic and Interventional Medical, Dental or Surgical Procedure
- ACEP Clinical Policies: Procedural Sedation and Analgesia in the Emergency Department
- Orlewicz, M. et al., (2015) Procedural sedation: Overview, September 2015.
- Reed, MJ et al., (2005) Can an airway assessment score predict difficulty at intubation in the emergency department? Emerg Med Journal, vol. 22, pp. 99-102
- Babl, F. et al., (2006) Development and implementation of an education and credentialing programme to provide safe paediatric procedural sedation in emergency departments, Emergency Medicine Australasia, vol. 18, pp. 489–497.
- Taylor, D.M. et al. (2011) Risk factors for sedation-related events during procedural sedation in the emergency department, Emergency Medicine Australasia, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 466-73.
- Bell, A. et al. (2007) Profiling adverse respiratory events and vomiting when using propofol for emergency department procedural sedation, Emergency Medicine Australasia vol. 19, pp. 405–410.
- Weaver, CS. et al. (2007) Emergency department procedural sedation with propofol: Is it safe? Journal of Emergency Medicine 2007;33(4):355-351
- Steven, M. et al. (2011) Clinical Practice Guideline for Emergency Department Ketamine Dissociative Sedation: 2011 Update, Annals of Emergency Medicine, vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 449-461.
- Tucker, P.F. and Chilvers, C.R (2003) Fitness to Drive After Intravenous Sedation and General Anaesthesia: A Literature Review, Australasian Anaesthesia, pp. 27–40.
- Green, S. M. et al. (2015) Ketofol for Procedural Sedation Revisited: Pro and Con, Annals of Emergency Medicine, May 2015, Vol 65, Issue 5, pp 489-491.
- Procedural Sedation: what's happening at the coal face, John Mackenzie, ECI Medical Project Officer at the ECI ED Leadership Forum 1 April 2016