Delivering innovation that is
Value-based healthcare involves matching and maximising the benefits of health resources to evidence-based outcomes and best practice that is aligned with the patient’s preferences. This means patients will have the right procedures, for the right reasons, at the right time.
Optimising access to elective surgery
In partnership with the NSW Ministry of Health and key stakeholders, our Surgical Services Taskforce is developing evidence-based guidance, tools and resources to support clinicians and health services to improve elective surgery in NSW.
In 2022, we:
- delivered a first-of-its-kind toolkit for clinicians caring for patients with breast implants, or considering breast implants
- developed guidance to support local implementation of value-based surgical practices, including key indicators and a clinical practice guide
- disseminated evidence-based clinical advice on the key principles for clinicians to:
“Value-driven care is not just about cost reduction. It considers the health experiences and outcomes for patients, as well as the sustainable use of healthcare resources.”
Dr Jean-Frédéric Levesque, Chief Executive, ACI
Leading Better Value Care
Leading Better Value Care (LBVC) is a statewide program that aims to improve health outcomes and experiences of people with specific conditions.
- The ACI partnered with eHealth to design and promote clinical adoption of standardised data and information in electronic Medical Records (eMR) as part of LBVC initiatives for:
- renal supportive care
- musculoskeletal care
- inpatient management of diabetes mellitus.
- This standardisation improves efficiency and promotes better patient outcomes.
Improving care for people with chronic wounds
Our Wound Taskforce has developed a suite of videos and clinical tools to support health services improve chronic wound care.
- A Wound Self-Assessment Tool will support NSW health services to understand their capacity and capability around chronic wound management, and take action towards meeting the NSW LBVC Standards for Chronic Wound Management.
- A new patient survey, WOUND-Q, has been integrated into the patient-reported measures HOPE platform. A fact sheet helps explain what consumers can expect.
- Videos have been developed to share the experiences of consumers living with a chronic wound, and advice from expert clinicians in the field.