Project planning and initiation
To develop a project plan for implementing the Key Principles.
The project planning and initiation phase involves:
- building a local case to support the need to improve or change current management of the older patient with a confusion to align with the Key Principles
- obtaining sponsorship to support the implementation of the key principles
- developing a clear project and communication plan to drive implementation.
- Define the aim, objectives and scope of the implementation project
- Develop executive sponsorship and governance systems for implementation
- Establish a project team including roles and responsibilities to drive implementation
- Determine stakeholders and assess their readiness to be involved
- Undertake an audit to assess the gaps in existing systems and identify gaps in staff knowledge and attitude using below tools:
- Develop a comprehensive Project Plan including approach to communication to guide implementation