To design and select structured solutions that address the gaps and key issues identified during the diagnostic phase.
It is important to actively involve the project team as well as key stakeholders in identifying all potential solutions.
Key stakeholders may include:
- Clinicians and frontline health professionals
- Non-clinical staff (e.g. operational, data managers, executive members)
- Consumers (patients and/or carers).
There are a number of ways to identify or generate solutions, including critically analysing literature to gather evidence, searching for examples of best practice and brainstorming with key stakeholders.
- Facilitate problem solving and brainstorming with relevant stakeholders
- Explore what is working at other hospitals through consultation and consider which solutions/ approaches may be transferable
- Identify and prioritise solutions that will address issues or gaps in the management of older patients with confusion using:
- Develop a staged approach with short and long term solutions
- Assess the feasibility of identified solutions, where relevant
- Develop a statement of purpose/intent for implementing each solution including expected benefits and outcomes