This toolkit has been developed by the Agency for Clinical Innovation (ACI) to provide NSW Health services with the information, resources and tools needed to take a co-design approach to service improvements.
It builds on the ACI’s Guide to build co-design capability and provides a practical way for teams to unlock the behaviours required of them to work in equal partnership and deliver service improvements that matter to the people who use them.
This toolkit has been developed with consideration of Aboriginal people participating in co-design projects, drawing upon the Western NSW 8 Ways Aboriginal pedagogy and its natural synergy with co-design.
Features of this toolkit:
- It can be followed in a linear or a non-linear way.
- It shares stories of co-design in practice.
- It draws together different ideas to create new knowledge (e.g. co-design, human-centred design, redesign, 8 Ways Aboriginal pedagogy, etc).
- It shares knowledge through pictures.
- It focuses on action; is flexible; and encourages learning through doing.