Back to accessibility links

Allied health professionals and you

Transition to residential care

Moving into residential care is a time of change for you and those around you.

Thinking ahead and talking about the possibility of the move can be helpful. So can getting information and support for you and your family. It can prepare you for a move and help you to adjust to the change.

There are many health professionals who can help. They may work in aged care assessment teams, community services, aged care facilities or hospitals. They can give you information, help with practical tasks and give emotional support.

Dementia advisors and social workers can talk with you and give you information about what needs to happen and the paperwork involved.

Counsellors, psychologists and social workers can provide emotional support and counselling to you and your carer to talk through feelings, like loss and grief.

My Aged Care also provides information and advice on accessing aged care services, eligibility, assessment and costs.

Talk to

Dementia advisor
(NSW and Qld)

Social worker