Back to accessibility links

Allied health professionals and you

Moving house

Most people want to stay where they live for as long as possible.

But some people decide to move house. They might move cities to be closer to family, or move into town to be closer to services. They might move to live with a son or a daughter or a friend. They might move to a retirement village.

Thinking about it in advance can make it less stressful.

A family discussion about what’s involved in moving might be useful. A social worker can join you to make suggestions; it can be helpful to have someone objective involved.

A counsellor, social worker, psychologist or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health worker can provide emotional support. An occupational therapist can visit your new home to make sure it will work for you.

Talk to

Social worker



Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health worker

Occupational therapist