Back to accessibility links

Allied health professionals and you

Help in the home

Getting some help in the home can help you stay in your home for longer.

But it can feel odd to have a stranger in the house. And it can be difficult to ask for help, and to accept that it’s needed.

A social worker knows how the system works and what the costs are. They can help you sort out what help you might want, and how to contact the services you need. They can make the calls, too, if you want.

And you can talk to a dementia advisor or other allied health professionals about ways to get the help you need to stay in your home.

The Australian Government website, My Aged Care, also provides information and advice on accessing aged care services, eligibility, assessment and costs.

Talk to

Social worker

Dementia advisor
(NSW and Qld)