Back to accessibility links

Allied health professionals and you

Emotional and psychological support

Counsellors, psychologists, neuropsychologists and social workers can provide support to you, your carers, family and friends in a non-judgemental way.

This allows people to discuss their feelings and any sense of loss, and find ways to adjust to the changes. Even if you may think counselling is not for you at this point, there may be some stage where it could be a good idea, for you or for others around you. The National Dementia Helpline (1800 100 500) is a good place to start talking with a counsellor.

Talk to




Social worker