- National Health and Medical Research Council Partnership Centre for Dealing with Cognitive and Related Functional Decline in Older People. Clinical practice guidelines and principles of care for people with dementia 2016. Sydney. 2016. 169 p. Available from: https://cdpc.sydney.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/CDPC-Dementia-Guidelines_WEB.pdf
- Marshall M, editor. Perspectives on rehabilitation and dementia. London: Jessica Kingsley; 2005. 254 p.
- Fraker J, Kales HC, Blazek M, Kavanagh J, Gitlin LN. The role of the occupational therapist in the management of neuropsychiatric symptoms of dementia in clinical settings. Occupational therapy health care. Jan 2014; 28(1):4–20. Available from: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/ articles/PMC4209177/pdf/nihms621759.pdf
- Gitlin LN, Earland, TV. Dementia (improving quality of life in individuals with dementia: the role of nonpharmacologic approaches in rehabilitation). In: Stone JH, Blouin M, editors. International encyclopedia of rehabilitation [Internet]. Center for International Rehabilitation Research Information and Exchange. 2010.
- Alzheimer’s Australia. Intimacy and sexual issues: Help sheet 19. Canberra: Dementia Australia; 2016. 2 p. Available from: https://www.dementia.org.au/sites/default/files/helpsheets/Helpsheet-CaringForSomeone19-IntimacyAndSexualIssues_english.pdf
- Miskovski K. Dementia and nutrition in the home. Discussion paper 14. Canberra: Alzheimer’s Australia; 2015. 32 p. Available from: https://www.dementia.org.au/sites/default/files/NSW/documents/Discussion_Paper-Dementia_and_Nutrition_in_the_Home.pdf
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Dementia in Australia. Canberra: AIHW; 2012. Cat. no. AGE 70. Available from: www.aihw.gov.au/WorkArea/ DownloadAsset.aspx?id=10737422943
- Carer Recognition Act, 2010. No 123, 2010 (Cth). Available from: www.legislation.gov.au/Details/ C2010A00123
- Brown J. Quality Support Groups Research Project Phase III North Ryde. Sydney: Alzheimer’s Australia; 2009.
- Brown J. The most difficult decision: dementia and the move into residential aged care. Discussion paper 5. 2012. Alzheimer’s Australia NSW; 2012. Available from: The most difficult decision: dementia and the move into residential aged care. Discussion paper 5. 2012
The National Dementia Helpline is an Australian Government funded initiative.