Yarning to make health decisions together
‘Finding your way’ is a shared decision making model created with mob, for mob. It is a holistic, two-way process where Aboriginal people and their healthcare professionals make decisions together. #SDM4Mob
This is a culturally adapted model so mob can feel safe and trusted to make informed decisions based on their values and beliefs. The eight inner circles represent the core elements of shared decision making, opening doors to finding your way to health and wellbeing.
Finding your way
A shared decision making model for mob
Take a break
Knowing, being and doing
Weigh up the odds
Downloadable PDF question prompt
More information about the model
Downloadable PDF posters
The model can be downloaded as a PDF for printing with 3 heading alternatives, and also a customisable option.
Videos from clinicians discussing the model and question prompt.
- Clinician video: Animation for clinicians on using the shared decision making model
- Consumer video: Animation for consumers on using the shared decision making model
- A guide to the shared decision making model for the mob
- Community perspective of the model
- Community perspective of the question prompt
- Question prompt cards for clinicians
- Consumer enablement guide - shared decision making
- COVID-19 information and advice for Aboriginal people and communities from NSW Health
- Aboriginal Health and Medical Council of NSW (AH&MRC) COVID-19 resources
- Social, emotional and cultural wellbeing online resources for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people