Hypovolaemic shock guideline
The adult trauma clinical practice guideline Management of Hypovolaemic Shock in the Trauma Patient is one of four guidelines published by NSW ITIM. It consists of 3 documents:
Full report - the complete guideline including algorithms, summary, discussions, tables of evidence, appendixes and references.
Summary report - contains algorithms and guidelines.
Algorithm 1 - A3 colour algorithm.
Authors: Sharene Pascoe, Rural Critical Care Nurse Consultant and Joan Lynch, Project Manager, Trauma Service, Liverpool Hospital
Published: January 2007
- How do you know when the patient is in hypovolaemic shock?
- How do you find the sources of bleeding in a hypotensive trauma patient?
- What is the best management of the bleeding patient?
- If fluid resuscitation is indicated, what type of fluid should be given?
- What are the endpoints of fluid resuscitation in the trauma patient?