Back to accessibility links
Equipment for removal of pleural drain
- Dressing pack.
- Gauze squares x 6.
- 0.9% saline for skin cleansing.
- Skin closure strips (if no mattress/anchoring suture).
- Scissors to release locking mechanism of a small bore catheter (as applicable).
- Suture cutter.
- Occlusive dressing.
- Plastic backed protective sheet.
- PPE (clinically clean gloves for removal of dressing, impervious gown/plastic apron, eye protection, mask).
- Sterile gloves are required for MO or RN removing the pleural drain and for the RN tying the suture or applying steri-strips and dressing.