National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and COVID-19
Resources listed below are to assist clinicians working in brain injury rehabilitation, spinal cord injury rehabilitation and general rehabilitation to navigate NDIS management and escalation during COVID-19.
Clinicians can escalate issues either to their LHD Transition Lead or directly to the NSW Ministry of Health MOH-NDIS@health.nsw.gov.au
Includes changes to pricing and plans, reducing face to face interactions, FAQs and updates for participants
Free 30 minute online training module for support workers across all sectors on infection control
Resource for consumers with low literacy, cognitive impairment, or CALD background
Overview of the NDIS , information for adults and children.
The main website for the NDIS .
Covers topics including assistive technology, children, early intervention and therapy, cognitive impairment and mental health
Information from below presentations was valid at the date of presentation.
Health and the NDIS interface in the age of COVID-19
1 April 2020
1 April 2020
Presentation slide deck
Information current as at the date of presentation
- NDIS Specialist Disability Accommodation overview
Summary of the funding and standards for this service
- Living in social housing
Options, rights and responsibilities for social housing, including management transfer and community housing
- Summer Foundation. NDIS Housing resources
Resources for planning
- The Housing Hub
Advertises vacancies for apartments and houses that are owned by housing providers. It also has a library of useful information about housing options and planning your move.
Nest lists disability-friendly properties and vacancies from providers housing suitable to people with disability, including Specialist Disability Accommodation providers, disability providers, community and social housing providers, real estates and private landlords.
- Achieve Australia manages Norton Road Centre and other residences with shared accommodation
- Bridge Housing in collaboration with Women's Housing Company (Mosman and Northern Beaches)
- Cerebral Palsy Alliance manage all but one of the group homes previously run by ADHC in the NSLHD geographical area.
- Independent Living Villages
- Link Housing (Ryde, Hornsby, Ku-ring-gai)
- New Horizons
- SGHC (North Sydney, Hunters Hill, Willoughby)
- Seton Villa
- Summer Housing