Leaders establish and champion collaborative processes and practices with people with lived experience of mental health issues and caring, families and kinship groups on daily approaches to care.
- Embracing co-design principles to ensure people with lived experience and caring, families and kinship groups are involved in defining the problem and designing the solution.
- Identifying opportunities to work in partnership for quality improvement activities, and establishing a clear understanding on how this will occur amongst all stakeholders.
- Embedding feedback mechanisms for care and service delivery.
- Proactively obtaining and analysing performance data to co-produce improvements.
- Identifying project teams (including project leads, champions, peer workers and executive sponsor) to drive improvements in collaborative cultures.