Managers ensure the most appropriate skill and staffing mix for the service.
- peer workforce
- Aboriginal mental health workforce
- cultural safety
- in-reach from community-based services
- community-managed services, e.g. step-up, step-down, The Housing and Accommodation Support Initiative (HASI) and Community Living Supports (CLS).
Clinician and peer worker roles may be shared across community and inpatient units, and/or organisations.
- Establishing clear roles and responsibilities, which are understood by multidisciplinary teams and regularly reviewed.
- Supporting peer workforce staff to understand the perspectives of people with lived experience.
- Holding the workforce accountable for their role in person-centred care.
- Rewarding staff when care delivery excels people with lived experience's expectations.