Professional development and capacity building
Organisations ensure compulsory professional development in trauma-informed recovery oriented practices and collaborative care especially when approaching care planning and shared decision-making.
- Using human resource systems to prepare and support staff to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Orientating agency staff through effective information exchange.
- Identifying non-clinical staff who may also benefit from training (e.g. security staff, receptionists, ward clerks etc.).
- Educating staff and consumers about the value of collaboratively developing a care plan.
- Employing simulation based learning.