Violence, Abuse and Neglect Clinical Forum 2019
The ACI’s Violence, Abuse and Neglect (VAN) Network, in association with the NSW Health Education Centre Against Violence (EACV) will host a clinical forum on Tuesday 3 December in Sydney. This event is aimed at clinicians and clinical leads who have a role in the delivery of violence, abuse and neglect services. Managers are also welcome to attend. The VAN Clinical Network will also be launched at the event.
The forum will leverage the current network developed through VAN Clinical Forums convened by ECAV in 2018 and mid-2019 and will provide an opportunity to:
- support the change process for VAN redesign
- share innovative VAN redesign work and reflect on the steps services and LHDs have taken to improve integrated VAN responses
- discuss VAN healthcare innovation
- share knowledge, experience and develop initiatives for improving healthcare delivery to clients who have experienced violence, abuse or neglect
- collaborate across regional and service boundaries
- support implementation of service standards, clinical guidelines and legislative requirement
- discuss how ACI will work with ECAV in the organisation of future VAN forums.
Keynote speaker: Jess Hill, investigative journalist and author of See What You Made Me Do: Power, Control and Domestic Abuse.
- Murrumbidgee LHD presented their redesign work at the first VAN Clinical Forum in early 2018. The team are back 18 months later to share how their work has progressed and what service delivery is now looking like on the ground
- Western NSW LHD will highlight the innovative practice in emergency departments around delivering VAN responses to women who present with a non fatal strangulation
- Green Valley Domestic Violence Service, South West Sydney LHD will share their non-fatal strangulation data. This is an opportunity to hear women’s experiences of this form of violence and how to improve integrated VAN responses
- a report will also be presented on domestic violence screening in emergency departments.
From within NSW Health:
If you have access to the internal NSW Health network, you may watch the event via livestream here: https://healthview.health.nsw.gov.au/userportal/live?l=236754c59d872d37a6de1584bafa4d7e. You may be required to log in using your Stafflink username and password.
From an external network:
Dial from a VC endpoint:
Internal (NSW Health) Network: 4356063
External Network: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to VMR via Google Chrome web browser (Internal or External):
Direct Link to your VMR: https://conference.meet.health.nsw.gov.au/webapp/#/?conference=4356063
PEXIP Homepage: https://conference.meet.health.nsw.gov.au
From a telephone:
02 9842 2500, then 4356063 #