VAN Network Webinar - Clinical yarns during COVID-19
Aboriginal colleagues will yarn about how they are providing safe clinical services to clients experiencing violence, abuse and neglect during COVID-19.
Webinar participants will hear from Vickie Fair, Senior Specialist Statewide Educator, NSW Health Education Centre Against Violence.
Vickie is a Biripi Aboriginal woman, mother of six children with kinship cultural connections to Kamiliaroi, who is living and raising her family on Tharawal lands. Vickie holds a Bachelor of Social Work (UNSW), Bachelor of Laws (UNSW) and Graduate Certificate in Legal Practice (NSW College of Law).
Vickie will present reflections on recent changes to clinical practice as a result of COVID-19, from ‘face-to-face’ interventions to the online space, incorporating therapeutic and cultural yarns (focusing on children 7-14 years).
Aboriginal health professionals from Mental Health, Drug and Alcohol, Emergency Department VAN Services, Aboriginal Maternal Infant Health Services and Aboriginal Hospital Liaison will also share their practice experience during a panel yarn.
The workshop is for Aboriginal health workers, Aboriginal service partners and non-Aboriginal health and welfare workers who provide services to Aboriginal families and communities.
- There will be a live stream available for this forum.
- The live stream will only be available for people on the NSW Health network.
- You can ask questions of the presenters via sli.do and enter #VAN
- Should you wish to actively participate you should connect to the forum using an alternative option listed below.
- We encourage participants to book local video conferencing rooms and promote through your facility and networks (internal and external).
- Livestream Links - https://healthview.health.nsw.gov.au/userportal/live?l=e58ac487e8c92b2d13939611cfdef106
- If you are not on the NSW Health network you cannot use the live stream.
- You should connect to the forum using the options listed below.
- We encourage participants to contact your NSW Health colleagues and identify a local video conferencing facility that can be booked for the forum.
- You can ask questions of the presenters on PEXIP chat or via sli.do and enter #VAN
- Open Chrome Browser and enter this address into the address bar: https://conference.meet.health.nsw.gov.au
- Enter your name, the Room ID (4108929) and select the “guest” role.
- You can also copy the following the link below and paste into the Chrome Browser or if Chrome is your default browser click on the direct link: https://conference.meet.health.nsw.gov.au/webapp/conference/4108929
- Local Health Districts and internal NSW Health video conferencing endpoints can dial into the meeting by dialing: 4108929
- If you are dialing in externally to the NSW Health Network enter this address into the address bar to join the meeting: email@example.com
Registrations close Tuesday 7 July 2020