The Agency for Clinical Innovation is forming clinician and consumer reference groups to provide advice to the Menopause Taskforce and Project Team following the 2022–23 budget announcement. This funding enhances services for women who experience severe or prolonged symptoms associated with the menopause.
Consumer reference group expression of interest
Share your lived experience, to help inform and improve care delivery for people experiencing prolonged or severe symptoms associated with peri-menopause and menopause.
We are looking for people experiencing menopause and carers who have supported loved ones through this life-stage transition:
- who have accessed help for the management of peri-menopause and menopause symptoms.
- from rural, remote and metropolitan NSW
- from different ages, racial, ethnic, socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds
- from the LGBTIQ+ and non-binary communities
- from Aboriginal communities
- as a person living with a disability or their carer.
- carers that have supported loved ones through menopause
No other experience is necessary, and you'll be joining others sharing their lived experience.
What is involved?
- Your lived experience and creative ideas will contribute to the design and set up of menopause services across NSW.
- The reference group may meet occasionally for information sharing or workshops.
- The group may also review documents developed during the project.
- Members attend either in person or online using the Microsoft Teams platform.
- This is a voluntary position, but out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
Expressions of interest close Sunday 2 October 2022.