Patients will be eligible for Trauma PRM surveys at 1, 6 and 12 months post discharge from hospital if:
- They meet the NSW Trauma Registry minimum data set criteria
- Their contact details are available and documented in the NSW Trauma Registry
- Opted out of registry for any reason
- Discharged from ED or within 24 hours of arrival to hospital
- Pre-existing cognitive impairment (such as dementia based on ICD codes)
- Significant pre-existing mental health diagnoses (based on ICD codes)
- Death in-hospital
- Severe brain injury resulting in persistent vegetative state
- Discharged to a nursing home or other long-term care facility
- Residing overseas
- Age < 16 and no parent available to provide follow up outcomes
Exclusion criteria during pilot only
- Age < 16 (no proxy capability during early phases or pilot)
- Non-English speaking background (surveys only in English during pilot)
- All patients are included in Trauma PRMs unless meeting the exclusion criteria. This is an opt -out approach.
- All patients and/or their relative(s) should be made aware that they have the right to opt-out of participating in the Trauma PRMs surveys at any time.
Loading latest video...