History of ITIM
June 2001 - The Greater Metropolitan Services Implementation Group (GMSIG) recommended the establishment of a virtual Trauma Institute in their report. NSW Health established an Executive Committee to progress this recommendation over a three-month period.
December 2001 - The Executive Committee presented a report to the then Minister for Health, the Hon. Craig Knowles MP.
January 2002 - An interim secretariat was established by seconding or employing staff on a consultancy basis to ensure the Institute was operational within the recommended time frame.
May 2002 - The Health Minister formally announced the establishment of the newly named NSW Institute of Trauma and Injury Management (ITIM).
November 2012 - ITIM transitioned to become part of the Agency for Clinical Innovation (ACI).
- Prof Danny Cass (2002 - 2010)
- Dr Peter Clark (2010 - 2013)
- Dr Oran Rigby (2013 - 2016)
- Assoc Prof Michael Dinh (2016 - present)
- Patricia McDougal OAM (2002 - 2013)
- Christine Lassen (2013 - 2020)
- Glenn Sisson (2020 - present)