Publications based on ITIM's data, research support or by ITIM members.
- Ting RS, Lewis DP, Yang KX, et al. Incidence of multiple organ failure in adult polytrauma patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Journal of trauma and acute care surgery. 2023:10.1097.
- Hamdard K, Harris IA, Sarrami P, et al. Falls from ladders in New South Wales: A data-linkage study. Injury. 2023;54(2):442-7.
- Sharwood LN, Martiniuk A, Foroushani PS, et al. Intentions and willingness to engage in risky driving behaviour among high school adolescents: evaluating the bstreetsmart road safety programme. Injury prevention. 2023;29(1):1-7.
- Curtis K, Kennedy B, Lam MK, et al. Pathways and factors that influence time to definitive trauma care for injured children in New South Wales, Australia. Injury. 2022;53(1):61-8.
- Mitchell RJ, Harris IA, Balogh ZJ, et al. Determinants of long-term unplanned readmission and mortality following self-inflicted and non-self-inflicted major injury: a retrospective cohort study. European journal of trauma and emergency surgery. 2022:1-12.
- Mitchell R, Harris I, Balogh Z, et al. 39 Determinants of unplanned readmission following self-inflicted and non-self-inflicted major injury. BMJ Publishing Group Ltd; 2022.
- Partyka C, Miller M, Johnson T, et al. Prehospital activation of a coordinated multidisciplinary hospital response in preparation for patients with severe hemorrhage: A statewide data linkage study of the New South Wales “Code Crimson” pathway. Journal of trauma and acute care surgery. 2022;93(4):521-9.
- Tessarolo E, Alkhouri H, Lelos N, et al. Effectiveness and risks of cricoid pressure during rapid sequence induction for endotracheal intubation in the emergency department: A systematic review. Emergency medicine Australasia. 2022;34(4):484-91.
- Harvey L, Harris IA, Mitchell RJ, et al. Improved survival rates after hip fracture surgery in New South Wales, 2011–2018. The Medical Journal of Australia. 2022;216(8):420-1.
- Shu C, Dinh M, Mitchell R, et al. Impact of comorbidities on survival following major injury across different types of road users. Injury. 2022;53(10):3178-85.
- Bath S, Dinh MM, Casley S, et al. Predictors of mortality in older patients with isolated severe head injury: a data linkage study from New South Wales, Australia. Australian health review. 2021;46(1):107-14.
- Curtis K, Kennedy B, Lam MK, et al. Emergency department management of severely injured children in New South Wales. Emergency medicine Australasia. 2021;33(6):1066-73.
- Harvey LA, Harris IA, Mitchell RJ, et al. Impact of pre‐surgery hospital transfer on time to surgery and 30‐day mortality for people with hip fractures. Medical Journal of Australia. 2021;215(2):87-8.
- Jackson A, Curtin E, Giddins E, et al. Connecting with trauma patients after discharge: a phone call follow-up study. Journal of trauma nursing. 2021;28(3):179-85.
- Peden AE, Sarrami P, Dinh M, et al. Description and prediction of outcome of drowning patients in New South Wales, Australia: protocol for a data linkage study. BMJ open. 2021;11(1):e042489.
- Sarrami P, Lemin P, Balogh ZJ, et al. Are highway constructions associated with increased transport incidents?: A case study of NSW pacific highway construction zones 2011-16. Journal of road safety. 2021;32(1):17-23.
- Curtis K, Kennedy B, Lam MK, et al. Prehospital care and transport costs of severely injured children in NSW Australia. Injury. 2020;51(11):2581-7.
- Dinh MM, Singh H, Sarrami P, et al. Correlating injury severity scores and major trauma volume using a state-wide in-patient administrative dataset linked to trauma registry data—A retrospective analysis from New South Wales Australia. Injury. 2020;51(1):109-13.
- Curtis K, Kennedy B, Lam MK, et al. Cause, treatment costs and 12-month functional outcomes of children with major injury in NSW, Australia. Injury. 2020;51(9):2066-75.
- Curtis K, Nahidi S, Gabbe B, et al. Identifying the priority challenges in trauma care delivery for Australian and New Zealand trauma clinicians. Injury. 2020;51(9):2053-8.
- Curtis K, Kennedy B, Holland AJ, et al. Determining the priorities for change in paediatric trauma care delivery in NSW, Australia. Australasian emergency care. 2020;23(2):97-104.
- Cameron P, Fitzgerald M, Curtis K, et al. Over view of major traumatic injury in Australia––Implications for trauma system design. Injury. 2020;51(1):114-21.
- Gomez D, Sarrami P, Singh H, et al. External benchmarking of trauma services in New South Wales: Risk-adjusted mortality after moderate to severe injury from 2012 to 2016. Injury. 2019;50(1):178-85.
- Curtis K, Kennedy B, Holland AJ, et al. Identifying areas for improvement in paediatric trauma care in NSW Australia using a clinical, system and human factors peer-review tool. Injury. 2019;50(5):1089-96.
- Mitchell R, Testa L. Child injury surveillance capabilities in NSW: informing policy and practice. Public health research & practice. 2017;27(4).
- Oliver M, Dinh MM, Curtis K, et al. Trends in procedures at major trauma centres in New South Wales, Australia: an analysis of state-wide trauma data. World journal of surgery. 2017;41:2000-5.
- Curtis K, Mitchell R, McCarthy A, et al. Development of the major trauma case review tool. Scandinavian journal of trauma, resuscitation and emergency medicine. 2017;25(1):1-8.
- Mitchell RJ, Curtis K, Testa L, et al. Differences in survival outcome for severely injured paediatric trauma by type of trauma centre. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health. 2017;53(8):808-13.
- Sarrami P, Armstrong E, Naylor JM, et al. Factors predicting outcome in whiplash injury: a systematic meta-review of prognostic factors. Journal of Orthopaedics and Traumatology. 2017;18:9-16.
- Sarrami P, Ekmejian R, Naylor JM, et al. Complications of vehicular-related injuries: a scoping review of literature. Archives of Trauma Research. 2017;6(1):1-7.
- Curtis K, McCarthy A, Mitchell R, et al. Paediatric trauma systems and their impact on the health outcomes of severely injured children: protocol for a mixed methods cohort study. Scandinavian journal of trauma, resuscitation and emergency medicine. 2016;24(1):1-8.
- Dinh MM, Curtis K, Mitchell RJ, et al. Major trauma mortality in rural and metropolitan NSW, 2009–2014: a retrospective analysis of trauma registry data. Medical Journal of Australia. 2016;205(9):403-7.
- Wu J, Faux SG, Harris I, et al. Record linkage is feasible with non‐identifiable trauma and rehabilitation datasets. Australian and New Zealand journal of public health. 2016;40(3):245-9.
- Wu J, Faux SG, Harris I, et al. Integration of trauma and rehabilitation services is the answer to more cost‐effective care. ANZ journal of surgery. 2016;86(11):900-4.
- Garner AA, Lee A, Weatherall A, et al. Physician staffed helicopter emergency medical service case identification-a before and after study in children. Scandinavian journal of trauma, resuscitation and emergency medicine. 2016;24(1):1-7.
- Miu J, Curtis K, Balogh ZJ. Profile of fall injury in the New South Wales older adult population. Australasian emergency nursing journal. 2016;19(4):179-85.
- Miu J, Dinh MM, Curtis K, et al. Ladder-related injuries in New South Wales. The Medical Journal of Australia. 2016;204(8):302.
- Sarrami P, Ekmejian R, Naylor JM, et al. Spine surgery outcome in patients who sought compensation after a motor vehicle accident: a retrospective cohort study. BMC surgery. 2016;16(1):1-7.
- Ekmejian R, Sarrami P, Naylor JM, et al. A systematic review on the effectiveness of back protectors for motorcyclists. Scandinavian journal of trauma, resuscitation and emergency medicine. 2016;24:1-6.
- Rigby O. Re: Digital health technology and trauma: development of an app to standardize care. ANZ journal of surgery. 2015;85(9):693-.
- Butcher NE, D’Este C, Balogh ZJ. The quest for a universal definition of polytrauma: a trauma registry-based validation study. Journal of trauma and acute care surgery. 2014;77(4):620-3.
- Mitchell RJ, Curtis K, Chong S, et al. Comparative analysis of trends in paediatric trauma outcomes in New South Wales, Australia. Injury. 2013;44(1):97-103.
- Mitchell RJ, Curtis K, Holland AJ, et al. Acute costs and predictors of higher treatment costs for major paediatric trauma in N ew S outh W ales, A ustralia. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health. 2013;49(7):557-63.
- Curtis KA, Mitchell RJ, Chong SS, et al. Injury trends and mortality in adult patients with major trauma in New South Wales. Medical Journal of Australia. 2012;197(4):233-7.
Loading latest video...