The NSW Institute of Trauma and Injury Management (ITIM) is an institute within the Agency for Clinical Innovation (ACI). It is the body responsible for overseeing, coordinating and supporting the NSW trauma system.
What we focus on
NSW ITIM improves health outcomes for people who sustain traumatic injury.
We do this by:
- providing leadership in the field of trauma
- monitoring and coordinating the NSW trauma system
- supporting clinicians working in the trauma system and others who contribute to injury prevention programs and trauma research
- being a key facilitator of clinical care review, and monitoring together with education and research.
What we offer
- Overall leadership of trauma care in NSW.
- Promotion that trauma is the number one cause of death in people aged 0-45 years in NSW, and one of the top five causes of death for all age groups.
- An internationally-recognised scalable trauma registry.
- An ability to raise awareness of trauma to a level equal to other leading causes of death and thereby support efforts at prevention.
- A track-record of leadership and experience within the trauma community.
- A central point of contact for all clinicians in NSW in relation to trauma.
- Approachable, responsive professionals who take a genuine interest in their stakeholders and build long-term relationships.
Why it matters
Trauma is the number one cause of death in people aged 0-45 years in NSW and is one of the top five causes of death for all age groups.
NSW ITIM will be an internationally-recognised leader in the field of trauma.
- Accessible, responsive and reliable
- Providing support and encouraging a collaborative environment
- Build trust
- Sensitive and alert to the needs of stakeholder partners
- Unrelenting effort to building trauma expertise in NSW