The Australian and New Zealand Emergency Department Airway Registry (Phase III) - ANZEDAR
The Emergency Care Institute is currently conducting a multi-centre observational study which forms the “Airway Registry”.
The data being collected is used to describe the practice of airway management in Australia and New Zealand Emergency Department and provide each participating department a detailed dashboard feedback.
A REDCap online electronic data collection form will substitute the old paper form. Some of the metrics that it includes are non-identifying patient demographics, indication for intubation, the rate of first pass success and the rate of complications. This new design will allow each site to monitor their own practice with the aim of continual development and quality improvement.
If you are interested in joining the ANZEDAR or wish to know more information please contact us on Airwayregistry@aci.health.nsw.gov.au
This page represents a resource for hospitals taking part in the Airway Registry Project as well as an information portal for those who might be interested.
- Consensus statement: Safe Airway Society principles of airway management and tracheal intubation specific to the COVID-19 adult patient group
- Principles of Airway Management in Coronavirus COVID-19 by Centre for Medical Simulation
- Clinical management of severe acute respiratory infection (SARI) when COVID-19 disease is suspected (WHO)
- Intubation guidelinefor COVID19 (RNSH)
- Intubation Checklist for COVID19 (RNSH)