ED Gastronomy and Education
Emergency clinicians need to maintain their clinical knowledge for safe, quality and evidence informed patient care, yet have little time during clinical hours to do this. A workforce with the right skills and education underpins the delivery of health care and is directly related to improved patient outcomes (Aiken et al. 2011).
The inaugural EDGE event was held in the ISLHD in May 2018 and due to its popularity a second event was held in November 2018. The delegates indicated that the evening was very useful to their day to day clinical practice. This event was supported by the Emergency Care Institute and NSW CENA.
Delivery of clinical and health service updates to ISLHD emergency clinicians. This mode of delivery is an adjunct to day to day LHD education programs. Presentations are from LHD staff, with the philosophy of showcasing innovation, presentation capacity building in clinicians, acknowledging clinical experts and team building between disciplines.
Features of the Event
- Multidisciplinary - nursing, medical and paramedic staff all invited
- Venue offers wifi
- Presentation topics selected based on participant feedback and includes clinical incidents and policy updates
- Program development and speakers sourced locally
- Registrations and certificates of attendance managed locally
- All sites are represented in presentations
Here is a sample program for this event prepared by ISLHD. If you are interested in hosting and EDGE event in your LHD please contact the ECI.