Performance and Data
Bureau of Health Information (BHI)
Emergency Department Patient Survey 2017–2018
Released 24 April 2019
The Emergency Department Patient Survey 2017–2018 results reflect the experiences of 15,995 patients of all ages who attended one of 82 large emergency departments in NSW from July 2017 to June 2018.
Hospital Quarterly: Performance of NSW Public Hospitals
- April to June 2019
- January to March 2019
- October to December 2018
- July to September 2018
- April to June 2018
- January to March 2018
- October to December 2017
- July to September 2017
- January to March 2017
- April to June 2017
- July to September 2016
- October to December 2016
- April to June 2016
- January to March 2016
- October to December 2015
- April to June 2015
- January to March 2015
- October to December 2014
- July to September 2015
- July to September 2014
- April to June 2014
- January to March 2014
- October to December 2013
- July to September 2013
- April to June 2013
- January to March 2013
- October to December 2012
- July to September 2012
- April to June 2012
- January to March 2012
- October to December 2011
- July to September 2011
- April to June 2011
- January to March 2011
- October to December 2010
- July to September 2010
- April to June 2010
Healthcare in Focus: how NSW compares internationally
Healthcare in Focus provides a comprehensive look at how the NSW health system compares to the rest of Australia and 10 other countries, using some 90 performance measures.
- 2015 - How does NSW compare?
- 2014 - How does NSW compare?
- 2013 - How does NSW measure up?
- 2012 - How well does NSW perform?
- 2011 - How well does NSW perform?
- 2010 - How NSW compares internationally
Victorian Auditor-General's Office
National Health Performance Authority (NHPA)
- Hospital Performance: Costs of Acute Admitted Patients in Public Hospitals in 2011-2012
- Hospital Performance: Time patients spent in emergency departments in 2012 - 2013
- Hosptial Performance: Time patients spent in emergency departments in 2011 - 2012
Healthcare in NSW: in context
BHI has developed a handy new guide to the NSW healthcare system. In Context is a useful overview of how the people of NSW use healthcare service.
Emergency Department Waiting Times
A search tool to find out how long you or a patient can expect to wait for treatment at participating hospitals
- Insights from the Data - Lilian Daly, Lead Analyst, Bureau of Health Information at the ECI ED Nursing Leadership Forum 19 May 2017
- BHI - what the data tells us about care in NSW EDs - Dr Jean-Frederic Levesque, Chief Executive, Bureau of Health Information at the ECI ED Nursing Leadership Forum 27 May 2016
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW)
Australian hosptial statistics: national emergency access and elective surgery targets
Australian hospital statistics: emergency department care
These annual reports present information relating to emergency department care in major public hospitals and public hospital elective surgery waiting times.
Australian hospital statistics 2011-12: other
Australian Medical Association
NSW Health Annual Data Report: 2014
Health Statistics NSW
Health Statistics NSW is an interactive, web-based application that allows users to access data and tailor reports about the health of the New South Wales population for their own use.