Co-Chairs Matthew Bragg & Kylie Stark
Secretariat: Joanna Goodenough
The role of the Clinical Advisory Committee will be to:
- identify issues and priorities relating to clinical practice in emergency care
- review and advise on applicability of current and emerging clinical guidelines relating to emergency care both from the ECI and other bodies
- provide clinical advice for specific ECI projects or outputs
- identify opportunities for research in emergency care
- endorse specific projects or strategies relating to emergency care
- provide advice regarding strategic approaches to emergency care
- respond to ad hoc requests outside the formal meeting where urgent
Upcoming Meeting Dates
Information Systems and Technology Advisory Committee
Secretariat - Laura George
Responsibilities and function
The role of the Information Systems and Technology Advisory Committee will be to:
- Identify challenges and priorities relating to information systems and technology in emergency care
- Conduct frequent consultation with those working within emergency care to understand the use of information technology.
- ISTAC members to act as a clinical IT champion within their area of practice and network
- Provide a forum for those working within emergency care to share their local innovations or challenges
- Advise on the use and applicability of data for audit and research related to the practice of emergency medicine.
- Act as the clinical reference group for the emergency department information systems to provide strategic direction and prioritise eMR initiatives, and clinical input into change requests
- Review, endorse or provide advice regarding the impact of emerging projects and strategies on information systems and technology in emergency care as requested both from the Agency for Clinical Innovation, Ministry of Health, eHealth and third parties.
- Partner with eHealth on state-wide projects and improvements related to eMR that impact emergency care.
- Partner with the NSW Ministry of Health on improving data quality and compliance within NSW Emergency Departments
- Partner with the stakeholders, clinicians and Ministry of Health on data and information technology systems related issues that have impact on access to care.
- Engage with eHealth NSW, Local Health Districts and Specialty Networks, non-government organisations to develop and maintain productive relationships with Chief Clinical Information Officers, Chief Information Officers, and health informaticians to support the efficiency and accurate use of information systems and technology in emergency care.
Upcoming Meeting Dates
7th June 2021